Mikhaela character design sheet


My first character design sheet.This was the longest and most frustrating one when it came to development as this one was basically where I was able to do all the testings but was also the first so I kept changing a lot which left me in a continuous trap.
To begin with, using the artists I was previously inspired by, I began drawing headshots of Mikhaela in the different styles, testing to see which style I liked and this is where the problem started. I spend most of my time drawing and sketching ideas of how she would look and one minute I loved one style, the next minute I didn't like it and like another, just to change my mind and choose another style. As a perfectionist when it comes to drawing, I knew this would happen and it really impacted my workflow and time management as I spent too much time on this due to how unclear I was with what style to go with. 

However I continued on and after doing some sketches I began focusing on the costume design which I decided to do digitally instead of traditionally as i wanted to show some development. I began by doing a drawing of Mikheala then adding clothings that i felt suited her and that she requested. I liked how the different outcomes came out and it was tough deciding which one to choose however I ended up choosing Mikhaela wearing Dungarees as that was the one she preferred the most and it did suit her personality.
Afterwords I did some more character sketches in my sketchbook where I was drawing her wearing her dungarees and doing doing poses and drawing headshots in a style inspired by Sarakipin. My main influence was Sarakipin with the style so I decided to finally choose her as my main inspiration for my character designs.

However for due to my perfectionism, I drifted away abit and drew Mikheala in my own style but it still had a hint of Sarakpin in it. I drew her on a seperate piece of paper for which was my character sheet. I drew two poses and head shots which I didn't like so I focused on the poses. I loves how the drawings of the poses came out as it was dynamic, fluid and didn't look too stiff. 

I developed these digitally next and thats then I decided to go back to Sarakipins style for my character sheet design.i did try out a couple of other styles however they didn't work out and I was really struggling with wjhat style to draw but due to time I knew I didn't have forever to make a choice so I went with it and developed the drawing to create my character sheet. Once I finished drawing Mikhaela, I decides to add two head shots of her, showing different expressions that linked back to her personality to help develop my work and bring it more to life then added information about the character.

With the typography, I tried out different fonts however I ended up with knucklebones font that I got from the website 'dafont'. I really liked this font as it was a brush type and it worked well with my design.

i really liked how the final outcome came out due to the bold fluid strong lines and the colours and effects i used to get a gradient. This was all very time consuming so I have some doubts with whether or not i would even be able to create my comic now.

Evaluation

1. Briefly describe the final outcome of your project and the progress you have made, and if applicable how it diffe...