Evaluation


1. Briefly describe the final outcome of your project and the progress you have made, and if applicable how it differs from your original Project Proposal:
My final outcomes consist of character sheets and postcards. I feel like the progress has been up and down as I would finally make a breakthrough but will then be at a halt due to changing ideas constantly and procrastination. How it differs from my original Project Proposal is that I was also meant to create a short comic book however due to bad time management I wasn’t able to.

2. What methods have you used to show how your learning has effected your project eg FMP Blog/ FMP Plan/ sketchbooks etc, and how has this helped with development of your work:
Throughout my FMP, I have been using my blog, action plan and sketchbook to show my development of my work. My sketchbook has helped me with developing my ideas for my design processes, as I was able to sketch out different design ideas and analyse different work that went towards my final outcomes. FMP blog helped me with clearing my mind about what worked, what didn’t and what I could improve on, whilst talking how I felt about the project and it allowed me to show development of my workflow. With the action plan, it helped me know what to create at what time and how long I would give myself, basically it helped with my time management.



3. List the targets met (from the original FMP Plan and any that were added later):
- Complete character design sheets and to create merchandises (postcards)

4. Reflecting on your overall final major project, please discuss any developments which have contributed to the final outcome:
Mainly my secondary research of artists had mainly contributed to my final outcomes as I was able to know the exact style I wanted and how it would look like with the line art, colours etc. Also primary research like my photo shoot contributed to the final outcomes as It allowed me to know how my character would look like in my final outcomes

5. Please state what advice you received from others during your FMP, and discuss what you found particularly useful: you should refer to group reviews, one-to-one tutorials and feedback from evaluation groups
Most of my advices came from the group reviews which realty helped. I was given the advice to look at environmental art and what I needed to do to help develop my work like taking pictures, visiting exhibitions etc. From the one to one tutorials, I received detailed advices which helped a lot as I was told about how would I would portray the settings, the story of my characters and how they would link, videos to look at that would help. I found them all very useful as they all helped me progress with my FMP and allowed me to know where I was heading with this project.

6. Key points to take away – things to change about my approach (give at least 2) eg improve time management, what skills you have developed and how this will affect your future course/career and things to continue doing and to build on (give at least 2). What are you going to do next year?
(NOTE – you may find it useful to refer to this document at the beginning of your next self managed project.)
Time management would probably be the biggest key point to take away from all this as I wasn’t able to create all the work I wanted to due to my poor time management. I would also say primary research as I barely visited any exhibitions and most of my source was from the internet so next time I would try to focus on more primary research. This will affect my future course which is Illustration as I know that I’ve have to show lots of development and visit galleries for this course and for my career I know that I won’t be able to succeed if my time management is poor. Next year I’ll be at Middlesex University, studying Illustration.


Evaluation

1. Briefly describe the final outcome of your project and the progress you have made, and if applicable how it diffe...