
Although I'm not a fan of typography as i find it very boring as I'm more of an Illustrator, I knew that focusing on typography for development would be a great choice to do as it would help widen my development and allow me to try out different things which i may or may not be comfortable doing. I decided to further develop the thumbnail sketches by first sketching out typography designs. Most of the designs came from myself whereas a couple came from the Dafont website and google images. I wanted the designs to be more personal for which is why most of them are from myself. I fount it quite fun doing this part as it allowed me to create typography that I like and allowed me to practice with typography as it isn't my strong suit. I tried it out using different mediums like my black brush pen, ink pens, felt tip pens, colouring pencils and pencil, which was vital as i needed to experiment with different tools to get a feel of what works best and what dosen't.
Overall the designs were actually really great and this allowed me to choose one with ease and develop even further. I chose to go the the word 'Crazy' as i was focusing on Emily's personality traits.
I decided to go with my brush pen design as i really loved the strokes and how it really helped portray the word 'crazy'. i went back to my initial thumbnail sketches of the postcard designs and chose some that I liked and developed my typography onto those which worked out really good as i was able to see how the postcards would come out and if i would like them or not and for the most part i liked the designs as they were powerful, eye catching and fun to do.
Overall I really enjoyed the whole process with these typography designs and developing them onto my postcard designs. It would be even better if i had developed them onto photoshop as I could have played with the colour of the text and background and maybe done more effects to make it look a lot more engaging.
